Contributors

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Three Days to the Ghost Train

Well... I'm sixty, turned it last week. After the Lakes Race in July I experienced a kind of post race let down. I backed my mileage off a bit, not because I was injured... I was just sick of running 70 miles a week. So I took it easy during August. No biggie, I started ramping it up in September and then a bad thing happened. On the 16th I was descending a steep rocky section of trail, it had rained earlier, and I slipped and fell smacking my left kneecap on a boulder. Ouch! I didn't break anything but I was a hurting unit. Again I had to back my mileage way off or risk not healing in time for the Ghost Train. What a mess! So my mileage is off, my fitness reduced and instead of tapering the last two weeks... I had to increase my mileage to get ready for the race. I ran 68 miles last week... one week before the race. My preparation is completely ass-backwards. The good news is my knee is somewhat better, the bad news is my fitness is not where it should be. Oh, well... welcome to life. So, to the Ghost Train I go on Saturday... I have no clue what will happen. The original goal was sixty miles, having done that in July I was of course hoping for more now. We shall see. All Aboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers