Contributors

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week 2

Holy crap!... 18 miles on the treadmill, all power to my partner in crime... but that could cause brain damage. I guess you do what you have to do. For my part week 2 is in the bag. Still having some upset stomach issues (annoying) but otherwise a very productive week. I have ramped up my long runs aggressively, running a 5, 8 and 15 miler this week. Still taking plenty of walk breaks on the longer runs (it is only week 2 after all) but was pleased to run just under 12 minutes/mile on the 8 miler. That may not seem like much, but in the ultra world a 12 minute mile is quite respectable. Rode twice for 37 miles and took 2 days completely off. Dropped another 3lbs. This coming week I start integrating technical trail runs into the mix... tough footing and nasty hills, should be challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers