Contributors

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 10

Well, what a difference a week makes... set a plan, execute it and life is good. Rested the two days after last weekend's terrible run... ran a regular 5 on Tuesday and ran the brutal Crotchet Mountain 10K loop on Wednesday... which includes the auto-road with over a mile of 9-12% grade. It's an incredible experience, breathtaking actually... when I was fit I used to run it a couple times a week. And no, I was not able to run the whole thing today, I died on the steep ramps and had to walk... but I still did it (and will do it again next week). Rested two more days and ran long, slow distance (LSD) today. Felt 100% better than last weekend, it was 10 degrees cooler... and turned in a solid 18 miler, slow and steady. Wore a pair of "0 drop" minimist NB trail shoes... no serious blisters, more good news there. This also puts me back on track to before the renovation break, my last long run was Week 3, a 16 miler. Now we can continue to ramp up to race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers