Contributors

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Big Changes, Goals Met, Onward to October

So first, big congrats to Dave and his great work toward the Ghost Train.  Always an inspiration.  Well, I haven't posted since March, but that doesn't mean nothing has happened.  In April, Mike Daley and I did the Great Bay Half Marathon.  My goal was to walk it at a 16 minute/mile pace and we did it in 3:22:38, a 15:23 pace.  Very psyched.  My wife and I welcomed our son into the world (5 weeks early) in May!!  He spent 3 weeks in the hospital due to being early, but is in great shape and is now home with us.  I'm happy to say that, despite the craziness of a new baby and all that comes with it, I've not faltered in my daily treadmill/walking.  Yesterday marked 134 days straight of daily cardio as Mike Daley and I did the Leap 5K in Concord.  My goal was to do it in 14 min/mile or less and we did it in 40:14, which was 12:59 per mile.  Very psyched.  Perhaps the coolest thing was that I actually ran part of it.  This marks the first time I have "run" in an organized race in about 20 years.  Yes, it's slow and it was tough given my current weight, but it was great to do it.  I'm still looking for a good 10K to do in July.  The biggest challenge remains the weight loss, but yesterday was quite a wake up.  It was great to run, but I felt like I was towing a small bus.  At the 10K, I hope to be lighter and even faster.  Thanks to Mike for running with me!!  Onward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers