Contributors

Saturday, June 1, 2013

May

Things are getting interesting. This was a long month... 5 weeks, 273 miles. I have now run 1,095 miles in 154 consecutive days. I'm starting to focus on the weekly long run... similar weekly mileage, but shorter runs during the week and then a longer one on the weekend. I had hoped to be up to an 18 miler by month's end. I did that on May 18th. Last week I ran 21 miles. Today, in 94 degree heat I toughed out a 24 miler. Slow and steady I ran pretty well through 18 miles... I took many walk breaks during the last 6. Remarkably, even though I drank over 80oz of fluids and ate a bean and rice burrito... I dropped 9lbs during the run! Sacre Merde! I ran for 5 hours and 9 minutes at an average pace of 13:15 slow, but... respectable in the ultra world. My broken toe is mostly healed ('tis about time!). My weight is just under 200lbs for the first time in several years. Pretty exciting month for me, today was pretty epic... I know, strong language... you had to be there to fully appreciate it! Next month... longer runs. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers