Contributors

Saturday, March 2, 2013

February

Well, another month done. I have now run for nine weeks, 63 consecutive days. In January I ran more than my planned 40/week. I added an extra 12 miles for the month. In February I hit the numbers dead on, 45/week for 180 miles... my total for the year is 392. This is good. I'm tired and a little sore, but uninjured. I lost another 4lbs. I added a few trips up Gould Hill, a brutal 1/2 mile climb that ramps up to 10% in some sections. Next month as the snow banks recede I will start running with an old friend... the Crotchet Mountain Auto Road. It climbs for about a mile and a half with ramps of 12%. It's a brute... but good for me. The nasty snow and icy rain on the 27th drove me indoors to the dreaded treadmill. The rivers of slush the next day kept me there. I hate the mind numbing boredom of running indoors, I've only done it a handful of times in the last 10 years. However... I was reminded that it is an incredibly controlled environment. You can run multiple miles at precisely the same speed... this can be useful for pacing. I can't believe I'm going to say this... I will likely start running once a week indoors. This has been a real winter... cold, snowy and icy. I'm glad it is winding down... I'm looking forward to running on less slippery roads without a half a washing machine's worth of clothes on. All in all a great month.  March brings 50/week... there will be at least two 10 milers each week. The Ghost Train registration opened yesterday... I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers