Contributors

Sunday, March 17, 2013

First Steps

I've been very inspired to see Dave's progress over the last couple of months.  So, I'm jumping on the bus.  Today, I completed 51 straight days on the treadmill.  About 118 miles so far.  The biggest challenge remains the weight, but I feel better and confident that the weight will begin to drop away with more focused training.  Pursuant to my conversations with Dave, my most ambitious goal for the year will be to run with him on Sunday, October 27 as he attempts to do 75 miles in a single weekend.  (I will join him for the final 15 and will try to run it).  Today, I officially registered for the race.  However, I will need to actually run a few races in the interim.  We figure I should do a 5K, a 10K, a Half Marathon and then the Ghost Train.  (I registered for the Great Bay Half a while back.  This will occur on Sunday, April 7, but I will walk this.)  For the first 5K, I have registered for the 2013 Leap 5K in Concord.  I am going to wait to register for the 10K because I haven't found any that I like yet.  I will then hopefully do the Pisgah 23K with Dave in September, but I don't think registration is open for that yet.  This is 14.26 miles, rather than a half, but that's OK.  The ultimate goal will be to be at 250 pounds and finish the Ghost Train at under 16 minutes per mile.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers